Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
communicate with vista — Parallax Forums

communicate with vista

JeanmichelJeanmichel Posts: 5
edited 2009-08-04 15:40 in BASIC Stamp
Hi Guys, I'm brand new to this so appreciate any help.

I'm just wondering if it is possible to program a BS2 to send a keypress or hotkey event to vista when a physical button attached to the BS2 is pressed?

Many thanks.

Comments

• VaatiVaati Posts: 712
    edited 2009-08-04 15:14
    Just to clarify things...

Are you wondering whether a button or switch connected to the BS2 does something such as close/open a program in vista when actuated or pressed?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Quit buying all those fixed voltage regulators, and·get an Adjustable Power Supply·for your projects!· Includes an LED testing terminal!

*-NEW-* SD Card Adapter·Now available!· Add extra memory to your next Propeller project with ease!
  • JeanmichelJeanmichel Posts: 5
    edited 2009-08-04 15:24
    Yes I suppose that is the end result that I'm hoping for. I have a hotkey setup on the computer to launch an application and I would like the bs2 to communicate with the computer and send a keypress to mimic that hotkey so the application will launch.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-08-04 15:36
    There was an article found on the web describing the use of a Stamp to emulate a PS/2 mouse. This article referenced another article on emulating a PS/2 keyboard. There's a link near the bottom to a .zip file with the test program and an explanation of how it works.

www.colinfahey.com/ps2_mouse_and_basic_stamp_computer/ps2_mouse_and_basic_stamp_computer_en.html
  • JeanmichelJeanmichel Posts: 5
    edited 2009-08-04 15:40
    Hi Mike, Thanks, I had seen that article. To be honest I think i need to go and do more home work because that program just confused me!