Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
the BS2 and the usb-serialconverter cable axe027 — Parallax Forums

the BS2 and the usb-serialconverter cable axe027

bruvierbruvier Posts: 3
edited 2009-07-31 22:48 in BASIC Stamp
I am using the Basicstamp BS2 as well as a Picaxe08 processor for small projects with leds and servomotors.
The BS2 ( on a inox-1000 board) is connected to the computer by a serialcable on com1.
The picaxe is connected to a laptop by a usb-serial converter cable the Axe027 on com 3.
After isntalling the Basicstamp Editor software on the laptop , I noticed that the Basicstamp Editor also recognised the Axe027 cable on com3.
It would be nice if I can use the axe027 cable for both the processors the Bs2 and the picaxe.
The BS2 needs Sin (tx) - Sout (rx) - Atn ( dtr) and ground for the programming process.
The picaxe needs Sin- Sout and ground.
The Axe027 cable has only Sin-Sout-Ground.
The Basicstamp Editor toggles the Atn pin low-high-low before the program download starts.

Can I use the the usb-serial converter cable Axe027 ( Sin-Sout-ground) for programming the BS2 andtoggle the Atn pin by a timercircuit ( 555) ?

Henk

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-07-29 20:36
    No. It will not work that way, sorry.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • bruvierbruvier Posts: 3
    edited 2009-07-31 12:08
    Thank you Stephen.
    I tought it was possible because the Axe027 usb - serial convertercable also has a FT232 chip.

Henk
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-07-31 22:48
    Somebody said...
    The picaxe needs Sin- Sout and ground.
    The Axe027 cable has only Sin-Sout-Ground.
    The Basicstamp Editor toggles the Atn pin low-high-low before the program download starts.
    You answered your own question here. Have fun using both as they are different but both good devices.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen