Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Prop robot — Parallax Forums

Prop robot

tronsnavytronsnavy Posts: 70
edited 2009-07-28 22:12 in BASIC Stamp
All,

Greetings from VA Beach.· I just finished "What's a Microcontroller".· I am now ready for a robot.· I have been hearing that a robot kit that is in development using the propeller.· If this is true, I will wait for it.· Can someone tell me when this kit will be ready?· Thanks and have a good one.

Bob
·

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2009-07-28 17:43
    Hopefully we should have it available by September.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • tronsnavytronsnavy Posts: 70
    edited 2009-07-28 17:52
    Thanks Dave. Was kinda hoping that it would be out sooner. Oh well. I might just pick-up the prop kit in the mean time. Get up to speed on spin (and asm). Will this bot be based on Boe? Thanks.

Bob
  • Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2009-07-28 18:26
    Hi tronsnavy,

The Stingray robot will have its own Propeller chip-based control board. If you want to get upt to speed on Propeller programming, I would suggest the Propeller Education Kit. The labs manual and example code are included in the Propeller Tool software v1.2.6 installer.

If you would like a robot based on the BOE, you can use your own BOE or HWB to build one with the Robotics Parts & Text Kit, or get the Robotics Parts Kit alone and just download the text.

Hope this keeps you busy till September!

-Steph Lindsay

Editor, Parallax Inc.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-07-28 19:34
    BoeBotBasic (from the Object Exchange) was originally developed using a stock BoeBot and a SpinStamp substituted for the BS2 module. You have to splice 1K resistors in the control lines from the servos (ideally ... you can probably get away with not using them). You have to use a different LED series resistor and you'll need 1K resistors in series with the outputs of any IR detectors you use.

There's a couple of pictures of a later version using a Protoboard in the Completed Projects forum.