Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Hitec distance sensor — Parallax Forums

Hitec distance sensor

LutamosLutamos Posts: 26
edited 2010-11-11 15:55 in Accessories
I bought the hitec Ir distance sensor www.robotshop.us/hitec-distance-sensor-1.html, but it did not come with a pin out. I googled it but did not have any luck finding my answer. Has any one here used this sensor before and knows the pin out?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Thank, you
Lutamos

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-07-26 23:27
    You will probably have to look close at the connections. One is 5v, one is ground and the other is your signal. It is designed to plug into a robonova robot so you could check that manual or try hooking it up with the same configuration as a servo for power and ground (5v MAX). It also is an 'on-off' sensor so objects within 15cm are a high output and everything else is a low output.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL)Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL) Posts: 1,720
    edited 2009-07-27 11:02
    Try this (Robonova ir sensor.pdf) :

www.active-robots.com/products/robonova/sensors/ir_sensor.pdf

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Aka: CosmicBob
  • LutamosLutamos Posts: 26
    edited 2009-07-27 13:24
    Why couldn't they have add that with the packaging. Well thank you very much I was getting agitated over this.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Thank, you
    Lutamos
    edited 2009-07-27 15:11
    That's not the sensor you have but a Sharp sensor and they work differently. The pinout may be the same though.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • LutamosLutamos Posts: 26
    edited 2009-07-27 15:53
    Well the pin out is the same. SO should I assume when ever they don't label the pin out that it is just like a servo's pin out?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Thank, you
    Lutamos
    edited 2009-07-27 22:39
    Probably not.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • gouvritgouvrit Posts: 1
    edited 2010-11-11 13:37
    from http://letsmakerobots.com/node/9340

hitec sensor pins (power, ground, signal)

hitecpins.png

hope it helps!
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2010-11-11 15:55
    Yikes, $10.99 for that Hitec sensor? Looks like a simple digital high/low object detector that is very sensitive to surface reflectivity. You may prefer the previously-mentioned Sharp IR sensor that accurately measures distance, with less dependence on surface reflectivity. Example for $8.75: http://www.junun.org/MarkIII/Info.jsp?item=9