Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Best ways to store send and recieve data — Parallax Forums

Best ways to store send and recieve data

whiteoxewhiteoxe Posts: 794
edited 2009-07-25 04:03 in BASIC Stamp
I am working on an idea using Basic Stamp and picaxe. I want to store data from a keypad and eventually send that data to a PC and upload to a Website.
I could store the data on a datalogger thumb drive. I could maybe have the data from the keybad stored on a smart basic chip card ?

I could use UHF transmision to send the data to a PC, or bluetooth, but cost is a major problem.

As far as the keypad goes the Memkey chip is a bit out of my price range so I guess the best option is using an I/O Expander ?

I think the cheapest way to go is UHF , but as there are 20 kepads there will be a fair bit of code writing to ensure that each UHF module has successfully transmitted to the PC. I will have to request data from the UHF modules 1 at a time, or come up with something that works.

What do you think about the possibility of using a smart card to store data ?

Mike.

Comments

• $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2009-07-25 04:03
    Mike

Take a look at the NetBurner SBL2e. They have a serial to ethier net converter card. Whats even better is its onlys $20.00 bucks.

www.netburner.com

With the netburner, The BS2 can send keypad info straight to a IP address/TCP/UDP/TELNET/HTTP/DHCP/static IP.

_________________$WMc%_________

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Truth is out there············································ BoogerWoods, FL. USA