Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Perf Board Layouts for beginners? — Parallax Forums

Perf Board Layouts for beginners?

everesteverest Posts: 141
edited 2009-07-20 22:19 in BASIC Stamp
Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to print out a piece of paper that one could lay over a perf board to show were to cut, where to put all the components, etc. Does any such tool exist or would it have to be created by hand?

Just curious. . .I'm trying to make instructions for a project for folks with little to no electronics experience and it's devilishly hard. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

-Jeff

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-07-20 17:54
    There is a product called 'strip board' that apparently has a gui for laying out and cutting the boards. There were several articles in Nuts and Volts using this method.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • everesteverest Posts: 141
    edited 2009-07-20 18:36
    Thanks for the recommendation! Actually there's an awesome idea in that N&V article. . .scan the perf board and mark components right on the resulting graphic!! Genius!!! Seems like a simple idea but that's just what I was looking for!! Thanks!

-Jeff
  • jknightandkarrjknightandkarr Posts: 234
    edited 2009-07-20 19:09
    Where's that artical at? I have a very hard time loading pages. Stupid snail up connection is all I can afford & pages load very slow, esp pdf documents.

Joe

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I'm going insaine. It's SOOOOOO much fun. lol
    edited 2009-07-20 19:16
  • jknightandkarrjknightandkarr Posts: 234
    edited 2009-07-20 22:07
    I can't access that, keeps saying I need to enable cookies in my browser, but they are enabled. Strange.

Joe

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I'm going insaine. It's SOOOOOO much fun. lol
    edited 2009-07-20 22:19
    See attached. . .