Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Where can I find the basic stamp software — Parallax Forums

Where can I find the basic stamp software

Uber-Cool KidUber-Cool Kid Posts: 6
edited 2009-07-17 17:55 in BASIC Stamp
Im looking on the website and I saw the robotics with the boe bot guide and I want to know where I can find the downloads.

http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/books/edu/Roboticsv2_2.pdf

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-07-17 16:44
    Start with the main Parallax web page and click on the "Resources" tab. You'll get a list of links. When you have time, select "Nuts and Volts Columns" and browse the index you get. You'll find the downloadable stuff under the "Downloads" link. The Stamp Manual is under "Stamp Documentation" and the Stamp Editor software is under "Stamp Software". The tutorials like "Robotics with the BoeBot" and "IR Remote for the BoeBot" are all under "Stamps in Class Downloads".

You can always find the product page in the webstore for those things that Parallax sells and there will be links on the product page for documentation, manuals, and sample programs.
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-07-17 17:38
    There are a few ways to get to the books on our web site.·All the books created by Parallax can be downloaded for free in PDF form, so you can review any of the books before you purchase; here is a link to the list of books we have available for the BASIC Stamp. I hope this helps

Parallax Books:
    http://www.parallax.com/Store/Books/tabid/85/Default.aspx

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
  • Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2009-07-17 17:55
    HI Uber-Cool Kid,

Just to be clear, once you have downloaded and installed the BASIC Stamp Editor software, you will need to type in the programs·that are in the Robotics text as you go through it. One of the goals of·that book is to teach PBASIC programming, which is introduced gradually with each new circuit and activity. Doing this really helps understand the code, so you can then modify it or write your own code from scratch.

After you've got the basics down from the book, there are lots of other things you can do with the Boe-Bot and some other sensors; take a look in the Stamps in Class Mini-Projects Sticky Thread for a list.

Have fun!

-Steph