Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Programming issues — Parallax Forums

Programming issues

herodeBherodeB Posts: 3
edited 2009-07-16 23:48 in BASIC Stamp
·Hello! i am a doing project and i am combining two separate program together and it give that say· Data Occupied same Location as Program

Comments

• stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2009-07-16 16:37
    You will have to shorten your program or move to a Stamp with more room ( BS2sx or BS2px are my favorites).

In the Editor software you can check the memory usage as you write the program. Up on the toolbar, just to the left of the little triangle arrow for "Run/Download".

The usual things to do are to reuse variables, use subroutines instead of repeating similar code, limit the amount of DEBUG text messages within the program, reduce use of DATA statements.

The only real way for someone to help you is to attach your programs for us to have a look at.

Cheers

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tom Sisk

http://www.siskconsult.com
    ·
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-07-16 23:48
    You extra threads have been removed. Instead of replying to your original thread your replies are appearing as entirely new threads. This is confusing at best. Please follow up all replies in this thread and do not click new topic for replying. Also, when attaching code, use the attachment manager. Attaching entire large programs makes it hard to follow what is going on with the code and get it into the BASIC Stamp Editor with formatting intact.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering