Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need advice re: connecting a key pad and a uhf module and an LCD — Parallax Forums

Need advice re: connecting a key pad and a uhf module and an LCD

whiteoxewhiteoxe Posts: 794
edited 2009-07-29 08:53 in Learn with BlocklyProp
As cheaply as possible I would like to connect these three devices to a basic Stamp 2p.
Any info appreciated. jumpin.gif

Comments

• whiteoxewhiteoxe Posts: 794
    edited 2009-07-15 09:29
    Its ok , i searched the forums and found a good starting point.Here ---->

http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=21&m=333912
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-07-15 14:46
    You might look through the Nuts and Volts Columns. Go to the main Parallax webpage and click on the Resources tab. You'll get a list of links and Nuts and Volts Columns is on that list. That will take you to the index. There is at least one column on using keypads with a Stamp. If you're talking about a Parallax UHF module and LCD, the product page in the webstore will have links to documentation and sample code. Most sample code is written for the BS2, but the only difference from the BS2p would be in the timing constants for serial I/O and a lot of the sample code uses conditional compilation to adjust for different Stamp models so you don't have to bother.
    edited 2009-07-29 08:11
    Yes
    Mike, I have done this now , thankyou. I understand I could really easily connect a keypad using say a netmedia keypad and meme chip. That is a very expensive way to connect a key pad. I will look at getting some kind of IO expander to connect up a keypad.
    edited 2009-07-29 08:53
    Also I have found some very good UHF modules for only $24 AUS each with a range of more than 500 meters. More than I need.
    I would rather use bluetooth as I will have to do a lot of coding with all these UHF and microcontrollers to ensure the data is recieved to the tranceiver connected to my PC.

Bluetooth to my knowledge does this automatically. Like if ten people send you an SMS from their phones at the same rtime you get all the messages. But the bluetooth modules are above my budget