Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
brushless motor controll — Parallax Forums

brushless motor controll

aev.308aev.308 Posts: 6
edited 2009-07-20 23:31 in BASIC Stamp
I've been trying to figure out how to controll a brushless motor I have.· It's a GWS 3 wire(? 3 phase ?), RC plane type of motor.· I'm trying to controll this motor with a BS2.· I've tried runing the signal through a gws brushless esc with the pulsout comand.· The esc just beeps at me as though it expects some signal that tells it the transmiter is on.·

If any of you have worked with these motors befor please let me know.

maybe I need to find a dc to 3 phase circuit.· I've tried turning on and off certain outputs as though it was a steper motor also.

Comments

• LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    edited 2009-07-15 13:21
    A BS2 isn't suitable for controlling BLDC motors, they need a three-phase signal.

Leon

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Amateur radio callsign: G1HSM
    Suzuki SV1000S motorcycle
  • stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2009-07-15 14:13
    Do you have any details on the esc? It will make all the difference in whether anyone can help you.

Cheers,

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tom Sisk

http://www.siskconsult.com
    ·
  • ChazChaz Posts: 18
    edited 2009-07-16 02:46
    I am doing a very similar thing and after talking to the manufacturer they said 50Hz carrier, 1-2ms PWM pulse. I am also trying to use the PWM pal to assist. About the beeping... some esc require the joystick to be completely pushed down on start up for them to function. you would have to simulate this with the pwm signal. I am using a BS2px.
  • aev.308aev.308 Posts: 6
    edited 2009-07-20 23:31
    The esc is a gws GWESC15A.

I hadn't thought of simulating the throtle stick from a transmiter.· I'll try that.· I should have thought of that because when you use it in a traditional rc vehicle you start it with the throtle forward untill it beeps then you move the joystick to mid throtle.· Then it beeps again, and your ready to go.

Thanks for the help folks.·

I bet you could figure out the correct pulse/frequency needed by reading the signal with a stamp serin/freqin and debug program.