Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
GLT240128 Touch Screen — Parallax Forums

GLT240128 Touch Screen

HermieHermie Posts: 36
edited 2009-07-15 00:17 in BASIC Stamp
Matrix Orbital recently came out with the GLT240128 which is just the GLK240128 with a touch·screen.·Everything is pretty straight forward·in connecting it to my BS2sx for displaying, but I can't get·the·touch part·to talk with the stamp. And there's really no documentation·on this forum or matrix orbital, nor does their manual or support sight offer much help.

Does anybody have any·experience with this display and could share some programming examples (decimal commands) that would help get the touch commands into the stamp using·SERIN?

Thanks...Hermie·

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-07-14 16:19
    Is there a datasheet or documentation you could link to so we could have a look? =)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
  • HermieHermie Posts: 36
    edited 2009-07-14 16:34
    Chris,

The manual file is too big to fit as an attachment, so here's the link and you can click the manual. As stated, I have no problem with sending to the display, using SEROUT. But hooking up the TX out of the display to the stamp and using SERIN has so far yielded no results. It's a nice unit, but a little pricey if the touch part of the display won't talk to the stamp!

Hermie
    edited 2009-07-14 20:56
    Hermie, you might want to edit your message and correct the link...it didn't take.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
    edited 2009-07-15 00:17
    Hermie,

You can edit message by clicking the pencil icon to the top right of the message. Looking at the datasheet from Matrix Orbital it looks pretty straight forward. You need to initialize the settings for the touch pad like regions and mode and then after that it should output keys as they are pressed. I don’t have one to test, but that is what I gather from the manual.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering