Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
hi, why is there a large difference with the two reading gotten from the sensor — Parallax Forums

hi, why is there a large difference with the two reading gotten from the sensor

smokysmoky Posts: 19
edited 2009-07-14 16:20 in BASIC Stamp
hi to all experts,

·················· i have something to clarify, current i have connected the two sensor to CHo and CH1 of the same ADC·and the reading i gotten varies.
I placed the sensors 15cm away from object, and yet the reading are not accurate (eg. ch0 1770 ch1 2000) vice versa. why is that so?

················· i have attached 2 type of connection i have done, but the result still the same. pls help...
1280 x 800 - 118K
1280 x 800 - 116K

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2009-07-14 06:29
    Both sensors emit infrared, which is probably modulated. If both sensors operate simultaneously, there's a good chance that they will interfere with each other, causing errant readings. Try disconnecting one while taking a reading from the other to see if the two readings are closer to each other.

-Phil
  • stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2009-07-14 12:00
    Have you interchanged the two sensors? Does the high value always come from the same sensor?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tom Sisk

http://www.siskconsult.com
    ·
  • smokysmoky Posts: 19
    edited 2009-07-14 12:20
    hmmmm. even i interchange them its still the same.. im troubled. thanks for replying my post..
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-07-14 16:20
    It’s the same…does this mean the problem follows the sensor? Or does it mean that when you swap them you get the same readings on the same channels even though the sensors are reversed? Have you tried Phil’s suggestion of disabling one?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering