Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New USB O'scope not working! — Parallax Forums

New USB O'scope not working!

OmegabloodOmegablood Posts: 8
edited 2009-07-11 23:58 in BASIC Stamp
I just got the parallax usb O'scope and it doesn't work.
I got the scope by it self downloaded the drivers and installed the software (both versions)
on version 4.0 Next to where it says Connected device there is a red square and below it it says hardware not found.
When I plug it in windows says new device recognized and ready to use.
Unfortunately who ever engineered it couldn't have added a 5 cent led to let you know whether or not it working or doing something.confused.gif
Could someone help me out?

Comments

• OmegabloodOmegablood Posts: 8
    edited 2009-07-10 09:09
    Nevermind! Instead of being ignorant dolt I decided to read the help file and got working thanks.
    edited 2009-07-10 09:48
    I do have another queerie.
    What is the max V I can look at?
    I know is says 20V pp. Does that mean 10V positive and 10 negative. I will be looking at mostly DC curcuits so does that mean nothing over 10V DC?
  • Redd DawgRedd Dawg Posts: 26
    edited 2009-07-10 16:56
    You got it perfect.· -10 to 10 v
    edited 2009-07-11 06:40
    Thanks Redd Dawg.
  • hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2009-07-11 19:17
    Although the scope will read a -10 to +10 voltage, it will also read other variations such as 0 to +20 and -20 to 0. The Peak to Peak value describes the differential of voltage, and as long as the positive to negative voltage differential does not exceed 20 volts, no smoke should emit from your new scope.tongue.gif
    Redd Dawg said...
    You got it perfect.· -10 to 10 v
    edited 2009-07-11 21:34
    So what you are telling me is that the Parallax USB scope will read 0-20V DC, but you scare me because you use the word "should" Hover1.
    Not to doubt you but money is short and right now this is the only scope I can afford. I don't want to damage it. I don't think it would matter any way most of the stuff I will be looking at is simple circuits that run off a 9V battery, such as the kits you can buy at the electronics store. I'm in the process of "re-learning".
    Thanks Hover1.
  • hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2009-07-11 23:58
    @Omegablood

If there is any question about operating parameters,·it would be best to contact Parallax support·direct with the question, that way you will·know for sure.

It's just an email away and they are VERY helpfully people.

·Jim
    Omegablood said...
    So what you are telling me is that the Parallax USB scope will read 0-20V DC, but you scare me because you use the word "should" Hover1.
    Not to doubt you but money is short and right now this is the only scope I can afford. I don't want to damage it. I don't think it would matter any way most of the stuff I will be looking at is simple circuits that run off a 9V battery, such as the kits you can buy at the electronics store. I'm in the process of "re-learning".
    Thanks Hover1.