Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Start / Stop wheel kit test code — Parallax Forums

Start / Stop wheel kit test code

mhenyonmhenyon Posts: 3
edited 2009-07-11 01:31 in BASIC Stamp
················· '······································································· '
Hello everyone. I am using this piece of test code (below)·to turn my motor wheel kit using my board of ed stamp. It works only when the reset button is pushed.

I have setup a switch using·a button with the button active low, but when the button is pushed high, the·program·doesn't run.

I don't know why it won't run in a loop waiting for a button push to activate the program.

The purpose of this is to use the motor to turn an auger that delivers chemical to rainwater barrel·when a rain gauge bucket magnetic switch momentarily closes (the "button") when the bucket flops.

Thanks, Mike

' {$STAMP BS2}
' {$PBASIC 2.5}
'--- Command Value Constants ---
QPOS········ CON····· $08··········· 'Query Position
QSPD········ CON····· $10··········· 'Query Speed
CHFA········ CON····· $18··········· 'Check for Arrival
TRVL········ CON····· $20··········· 'Travel Number of Positions
CLRP········ CON····· $28··········· 'Clear Position
SREV········ CON····· $30··········· 'Set Orientation as Reversed
STXD········ CON····· $38··········· 'Set TX Delay
SMAX········ CON····· $40··········· 'Set Speed Maximum
SSRR········ CON····· $48··········· 'Set Speed Ramp Rate
'--- User Constants & Variables ---
AllWheels··· CON····· 0
RightWheel·· CON····· 1············· 'ID of the right side Position Controller
LeftWheel··· CON····· 2············· 'ID of the left side Position Controller
CommPin····· CON····· 12············ 'communication bus pin
BaudValue··· CON····· 32············ 'for 19.2kbps
Wheel······· VAR····· Byte·········· 'Specifies which wheel to command for subroutines
Distance···· VAR····· Word·········· 'Used to set the travel distance
RxData······ VAR····· Word·········· 'Used to receive data
'--- Initialization ---
PAUSE 1000
SEROUT CommPin, BaudValue, [noparse][[/noparse]SREV + RightWheel]· 'Reverses the sensor on the right
SEROUT CommPin, BaudValue, [noparse][[/noparse]CLRP]·············· 'Clears any prior position info
'Go forward·10 positions
Wheel = AllWheels
Distance = 10
DO
·· IF IN10=1 THEN
····· GOSUB GoDistance
····· ENDIF
· Wheel = LeftWheel
· DEBUG "L= "
· GOSUB DisplayPosition
· Wheel = RightWheel
· DEBUG "R= "
· GOSUB DisplayPosition
· DEBUG CR

LOOP

'--- Subroutines ---
GoDistance:
· SEROUT CommPin, BaudValue, [noparse][[/noparse]TRVL + Wheel]
· SEROUT CommPin, BaudValue, [noparse][[/noparse]Distance.HIGHBYTE, Distance.LOWBYTE]
RETURN
DisplayPosition:
· SEROUT CommPin, BaudValue, [noparse][[/noparse]QPOS + Wheel]
· SERIN· CommPin, BaudValue, [noparse][[/noparse]RxData.HIGHBYTE, RxData.LOWBYTE]
· DEBUG SDEC RxData
RETURN

Post Edited (mhenyon) : 7/23/2009 3:47:03 PM GMT

Comments

• $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2009-07-09 22:55
    Mike

Have you tried putting "GOSUB GoDistance" inside the CheckLoop/GOTO CheckLoop, LOOP?

What reset button are you pressing?

There are some other things I see that could cause some issues, But lets start off simple.

_________$WMc%____________

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Truth is out there············································ BoogerWoods, FL. USA
  • dev/nulldev/null Posts: 381
    edited 2009-07-10 01:43
    If you connect a 1k resistor in series with a pushbutton between pin 10 and Vdd

Pin10 ---- 1k ---- BTN --- Vdd

Replace "GOSUB GoDistance" with this code (and remove CheckLoop if you want):
    DO
       IF IN10=1 THEN 
          GOSUB GoDistance
       ENDIF

Wheel = LeftWheel
      DEBUG "L= "
      GOSUB DisplayPosition
      Wheel = RightWheel
      DEBUG "  R= "
      GOSUB DisplayPosition
      DEBUG CR

PAUSE 1000 ' Wait a sec before checking the button again, so the robot doesnt wander off to neverland

LOOP

Also, check out the BUTTON command in the Stamp manual which you can download here: www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/stamps/web-BSM-v2.2.pdf

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't worry. Be happy
  • $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2009-07-10 03:12
    dev/null

I see you That you see where I was going; So Roll with it....Nice code buy the way.

____$WMc%______

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Truth is out there············································ BoogerWoods, FL. USA
    edited 2009-07-10 17:26
    Thanks WMc.

mhenyon you could reduce the PAUSE 1000 to PAUSE 100 to check the button more precisely, but be sure not to hold the button down for more than 1/10 of a second, or the robot will continue walking.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't worry. Be happy
    edited 2009-07-10 18:57
    mhenyon, I'm sorry I was a bit quick. There is a problem with the schematic, the pin will stay high forever once you set press it, you need to drive it low. Your code is fine though.

Change "IF IN10 = 1" to "IF IN10=0" and use this circuit:

sch.jpg

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't worry. Be happy
    edited 2009-07-10 18:58
    You can use 1K insted of 220ohm if you want.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't worry. Be happy
  • Joe FishbackJoe Fishback Posts: 99
    edited 2009-07-10 22:24
    mhenyon,

I don't fully understand what you are trying to do, but there are several things that I can add. First even though it will not effect how your program runs, you have a comment line that says 'Go forward 350 positions
    Two lines down you have Distance = 500. This causes the controller board to have the motor go 500 positions not 350 positions.

Second and more important you tell the controller to 350 positions then check for IN10=1. If IN10=1 you tell the program to

GOSUB GoDistance

What this does is add 500 more positions to the controller board. You must add a the line thats clears the controlller board of commands

SEROUT CommPin, BaudValue, [noparse][[/noparse]CLRP] 'Clears any prior position info

I know this sounds confusing, but once the main program on BS2 sends a SEROUT command to controller board, the controller board run runs on its own.

I have a robot running the Wheel Mount Kit and have worked out alot of programing problems. I have a program code template that helps. If there is enough interest on the Wheel Mount Kit programing from Forum, I can come up with a write up.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ······ Joe Fishback

-Robots are my friends-
    edited 2009-07-11 01:31
    Don't confuse the poor guy smile.gif

You misunderstand his code. He probably just changed 350 to 500 for testing, and didnt comment it.

Distance = 500 just sets a variable. He calls GoDistance later with that value...

His code will work fine.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't worry. Be happy