Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Composite out? — Parallax Forums

Composite out?

VaatiVaati Posts: 712
edited 2009-07-09 21:01 in BASIC Stamp
Can the BS2 do composite out?· I would think that it would be a long and painful week of coding to do so, but is it possible...?

Thanks.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Quit buying all those fixed voltage regulators, and·get an Adjustable Power Supply·for your projects!· Includes an LED testing terminal!

Comments

• PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2009-07-09 02:14
    Vaati said...
    I would think that it would be a long and painful week of coding to do so...
    No kidding???
  • VaatiVaati Posts: 712
    edited 2009-07-09 02:16
    LOL! Well, the prop uses some 300 lines of code JUST FOR THE OBJECT!! I mean, isn't there a more simple way...? No... ?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Quit buying all those fixed voltage regulators, and·get an Adjustable Power Supply·for your projects!· Includes an LED testing terminal!
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-07-09 02:21
    Yes, the BASIC Stamp can do composite out and it's easy and simple. There are several ways actually...check out the following links for more information.

http://www.hittconsulting.com/sxvideomodule.htm

http://www.multilabs.net/ezVID_20.html

http://www.decadenet.com/bob2/bob2.html

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
    edited 2009-07-09 02:24
    Painful pricetags other than the hittconsulting one...

Is there another way...?

Thanks.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2009-07-09 02:24
    [noparse][[/noparse]The Stamp isn't doing the "composite video" with those examples.]
    edited 2009-07-09 02:26
    Yes, I did gather that from "SX video module" and that uber expensive BoB...

Still, is there a way? I refuse to let my HWB go without a TV!

Thanks.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • xanatosxanatos Posts: 1,120
    edited 2009-07-09 02:52
    Ooooo! Oooo Ooooo!!!! THANKS! I never knew such animals existed. That multilabs item will definitely find a home here for an upcoming project!!!! Thanks for the links! I wonder what else is out there for Basic Stamps that I don't know about??? smile.gif

Dave X
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2009-07-09 02:54
    There's a solution coming soon from Parallax, which I demoed at the UPEW. It's the Propeller Backpack, and it will come preprogrammed with a BASIC Stamp-controllable, video-output, windowed text terminal, with font sizes selectable from GINORMOUS to a more petite 40-character x 13-line format.. Its power and interface is via a three-pin serial servo-type header, so it can plug right into a BOE, for example, through a servo extension cable. It measures a very compact 1.5" x 1.35".

Watch for it later this summer!

-Phil
    edited 2009-07-09 02:54
    Oh I'm sure there's PLENTY.... I have had my HWB for about three years now and haven't even gotten any ps/2 and/or rca to bb adapters....

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2009-07-09 02:56
    ooOOOOooo... I have GOT to get one of those.... smile.gif

Alas, I am sure it will be at LEAST $200..... Well, the first step is the HYDRA...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2009-07-09 03:13
    Vaati said...
    Alas, I am sure it will be at LEAST $200.
    Not even close. No price has been determined yet, but it it isn't WAY, WAY less than that, my tenure as a product designer for Parallax will come to quick end, I'm sure!

-Phil
    edited 2009-07-09 03:19
    Awesome!! Well, I have time for one more prop question before I turn in for the night.

Thanks.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • xanatosxanatos Posts: 1,120
    edited 2009-07-09 03:22
    The Backpack will also find a home here I am sure :[noparse]:drooling:[/noparse]:

G'night all!

Dave
  • LilDiLilDi Posts: 229
    edited 2009-07-09 17:23
    If you want to start from scratch and design your own, here is a good start

http://www.cedmagic.com/tech-info/data/lm2889.pdf
    edited 2009-07-09 21:01
    LilDi,

The LM2889 does not produce video. It just modulates an already-generated video signal so it can be input to the antenna terminal of a TV that doesn't have a separate video input.

-Phil