Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Carrier PCB for OEM BS2p40 Stamp chip. — Parallax Forums

Carrier PCB for OEM BS2p40 Stamp chip.

RobotWorkshopRobotWorkshop Posts: 2,307
edited 2009-11-22 03:37 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

If you'd like to build your own OEM Stamp like the BS2p40 then I can help! In order to do so you will need to buy an OEM BS2p40 OEM Basic Stamp chip from Parallax at:

www.parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/BASICStampOEM/tabid/135/CategoryID/10/List/0/SortField/0/Level/a/ProductID/19/Default.aspx

I have a PCB board that can be used as a carrier to mount this chip. By adding extra components you can build a complete module similar to the BS2p40 Stamp module. The main differences are that it uses a MAX232 for the serial interface and uses a through hole EEPROM and resonator. It is an early board I made that is similar to a module I designed for the SX48 chips:

forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=7&p=1&m=166781

It is slightly different in that it is a green PCB and lacks the silkscreen for the pin markings. At the moment I still have some of the blank boards left. They are $2.95 (plus shipping) and include instructions. It makes a great way to mount the BASIC OEM chips! If you need a quantity of these boards they would be less (10 for $27.50), 25 @ 2.50 ea. Any more please inquire. Once they are gone they are gone!

Remember, you'll need to get an OEM BS2p40 BASIC Stamp chip, through hole EEPROM, and through hole resonator directly from Parallax. By adding other parts you can make the complete module if you want.

If anyone needs one just send me a PM.

Robert

Post Edited (RobotWorkshop) : 11/22/2009 4:15:01 AM GMT
494 x 208 - 28K
482 x 360 - 28K

Comments

• RobotWorkshopRobotWorkshop Posts: 2,307
    edited 2009-11-17 17:18
    There are still some of these baords left if anyone needs them. Just send me a PM.

Robert
  • ZootZoot Posts: 2,227
    edited 2009-11-18 02:03
    Robert -- Parallax is out of the TQFP Stamp 2P40 interpreter. That's a problem; else I would snag some of those boards from you.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- HST

1uffakind.com/robots/povBitMapBuilder.php
    1uffakind.com/robots/resistorLadder.php
    edited 2009-11-18 02:50
    I expect they will have the 2p40 OEM chips back in stock once they get their shipment of SX48 chips in. However, these boards can accept any of the OEM Interpreter chips based on the SX48 like the 2p24, 2pe, and 2px chips. You lose the extra I/O of the 2p40 OEM chip but this is still a cheap way to mount the others if you want to experiment with the OEM chips.

Robert
    edited 2009-11-22 03:37
    I finally had a chance to generate PDF versions of the documentation for this PCB board. It will help for anyone that is considering building a Stamp using the OEM chips from Parallax. The instructions explain how you can use an ordinary soldering iron to assemble it.

This link is for the assembly manual for the board

This link is for the schematic of the board

If you have any questions or need any of these boards just let me know.

Robert