Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Free Basic Stamp Hardware — Parallax Forums

Free Basic Stamp Hardware

SiriSiri Posts: 220
edited 2009-07-22 00:09 in BASIC Stamp
I have 1.One Basic stamp Board Of Education NO BS2 chip - board is like new.
2.One SX Tech board complete like new with extra SX chip etc.
3.One Basic Stamp OEM assembled - like new
4.One Basic Stamp 2sx assembled like new

I would like give them to some one who really cannot afford to buy them.(eg:Students )

I would prefer to send them to students in the USA - as I will mail them at no cost to you.

I will not send more than one item to one person.

Please send a private message to this forum with Name and mailing address.

Siri

Comments

• SiriSiri Posts: 220
    edited 2009-07-09 20:42
    All hardware gone.

Siri
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2009-07-09 20:50
    Dear Siri,

Cheers to you! What a great way to get others underway. I've encountered plenty of students who were high on inspiration and capability yet low on cash. Often they just need a little support to get going. We'll never know if your boards got to the right people, but chances are·high that they've landed in the right hands.

Sincerely,

Ken Gracey
    Parallax
  • Lab RatLab Rat Posts: 289
    edited 2009-07-10 01:54
    that was something cool i wish i would have been a frequent user when you posted this but ever since i fried my stamp i havent been on here cause i never had the money to get it replaced

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Parallax posesses power beyond belief.

Believe in it.
  • $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2009-07-10 02:48
    Lab Rat

I dont have any spare $BS2 stamp's , But I do have some spare PIC16C57C 28Pin Parallax interpreter burnt chips. This is the chip used in the OEM-BS2.

If You would like one, Send me a PM with Mailing address, I'll through in a EEPROM and Resonator(20Mhz) Too.

Ken Gracey helped me out back in the day with a SXKey, now its My turn to help some one else.

__________$WMc%___________

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Truth is out there············································ BoogerWoods, FL. USA
  • WolfyWolfy Posts: 14
    edited 2009-07-10 04:11
    its nice to see caring and helpful people on the forum, I got my Boe Bot from my friend Joey, played around with for a few weeks and found out it didnt have the power I wanted. So I passed it on to my Uncle Mike. [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    edited 2009-07-10 20:05
    Lab Rat

Got the PM let me know if all is good with address?

__________$WMc%__________

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Truth is out there············································ BoogerWoods, FL. USA
    edited 2009-07-10 21:21
    I love this place there is good people and lots of knowledge and thank you $WMc%

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Believe in it.
    edited 2009-07-13 21:33
    Lab Rat

I sent out the OEMBS2 stuff today,USPS. You should get it around Thurs or Friday. Let me know if you don't get it by 7/18.

______________$WMc%___________

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2009-07-13 23:47
    ok cool thank you i just got my usb to serial adapter in today so i can use the stamp with my laptop i got the laptop for christmas a few years ago when the money was around

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Believe in it.
    edited 2009-07-15 20:05
    i got it it was in excellent condition thank you for the labeling though it was not needed and the extra bread board is always handy thank you

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Believe in it.
    edited 2009-07-17 23:17
    Lab Rat

I'm glad you got the OEMBS2 stuff. Not everyone can convert 104 over to 0.1uF. I'm sure you know why I sent the SIP headers.

This should get you up and running again!

_____________$WMc%_________

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • Ol' Nas!Ol' Nas! Posts: 4
    edited 2009-07-18 05:21
    ...My 1st Post! I was exposed to a BoeBot with a BASIC Stamp JUST yesterday and I'm HOOKED! I can't leave it alone (even though I am lousy @ programming).
    I can't wait to get to the point where I can share hardware with you guys! You are awesome! I'm thinking about changing my major to computer something. Pls give me any pointers on being successful @ programming (or any other pointers)!
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    edited 2009-07-18 06:12
    Ol' Nas! said...
    Pls give me any pointers on being successful @ programming (or any other pointers)!

How about a pointer on pointers???

Click Me!

Rich H
  • dev/nulldev/null Posts: 381
    edited 2009-07-18 09:49
    smile.gif How about a 32-bit pointer?

There are so many resources on the web for writing code that its hard to recommend any. Parallax has excellent tutorials on programming. The "What's a microcrontroller?" should get you started.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't worry. Be happy
  • CounterRotatingPropsCounterRotatingProps Posts: 1,132
    edited 2009-07-18 23:15
    Welcome to the forums, Ol' Nas!

you may be amazed at the help you'll receive here ... the Parallax forums are one of the best-kept open secrets on the planet [noparse]:)[/noparse])

I second dev/null's suggestion - and also look here, if you haven't found it already:

http://www.parallax.com/tabid/440/Default.aspx

- Howard

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2009-07-18 23:31
    Ol'Nas!

Welcome to the Stamps and Microcontrollers. I have found the forums here to be the best place to start.Don't forget the STAMPS IN CLASS and the SANDBOX.

If You have the BOEBOT I assume You have the StampWorks and Parallax Syntax Manuel. Very important reads. If You don't take a look on the Parallax home page for these Pubs.

Don't be afraid of asking a question.

_______$WMc%__________

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2009-07-19 04:50
    Thanks Everyone. I will be up late nite trying out your suggestions!

Ol' Nas!
    edited 2009-07-19 15:16
    here are some pics of the mess which has been created i put it all together except for the one mosfet which i did not recieve and have not went searching for yet the power supply is a regulated 5 volt 5 amp that i removed from my computer interfacable solid state relays that a friend of mine gave me they are about useless lolbut anyhow i took the screw terminal connectors you gave me and i used them for the inputs for my power (i have some others laying around somewhere·i powered it up and so far i know the voltage regulator works the second smaller board only contains the pieces needed to interface to the computer the bigger board has the pieces needed for the stamp to function so i can proram the stamp and remove th interface card (neat idea) i only have I/O 0-4 available for use right now because i have not connected them yet i will post the reason in my following post

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Believe in it.
    640 x 480 - 38K
    640 x 480 - 72K
    640 x 480 - 52K
    640 x 480 - 51K
    640 x 480 - 59K
    edited 2009-07-19 15:33
    the rig in my pics is something i made up with all the bread boards i had at the time and my homwork board was fastened to it and my bigest thing was how to get my I/O's to the breadboards and have my work still look nice then i got that ribbon cable that i have pictured it plugs into the spot on my new stamp carrier boardand tranfers all my I/O's to my breadboard it looks nice and will function great it did however require a little extra soldering which is why i only have 5 I/O's hooked up right now
    the homework board you see is the one i was using for a school project a few months ago until i fried it i had to take the serial connector off of it for my interface card on the new stamp carrier board

and one question for anyone who has seen the schematics of an oem board is U3 nessesary
    ·cause that is the only thing i dont have and apparently it says no stamps have been found

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Believe in it.
    640 x 480 - 51K
    640 x 480 - 65K
    640 x 480 - 55K
    640 x 480 - 63K
    edited 2009-07-19 15:34
    i kinda just have the boards laying on my rig for the pics you can see the risers that i screw my boards fast too

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Believe in it.
    edited 2009-07-19 23:51
    Lab Rat

Pretty cool.

That wasn't exactly what I had in mind for the SIP headers but if it works.

Your gonna need U3 to program the H/M BS2

_____________$WMc%________

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2009-07-20 00:38
    yeah i noticed that i was gonna need it when the computer told me that no stamps could be found i just have to get around to finding one cause i probably have one somewhere granted i have 1000 circuit boards to search through and bunches of parts cause i take apart everything

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Believe in it.
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-07-21 03:48
    Ol'Nas said...
    I'm thinking about changing my major to computer something.

Best major in the world: Computer Science. (I'm a bit biased though, since that's what I'm studying).

Although, technically robotics is more of a Computer Engineering domain than a CS domain. I'm sticking to CS though since I think EE is a dying field (and EE is half of CE).
    edited 2009-07-21 05:57
    Hmmm... Why CS of CE and why do you believe EE is dying? Hope this is an ok place to ask these questions.
    edited 2009-07-21 19:24
    SRLM said...
    ·technically robotics is more of a Computer Engineering domain than a CS domain.
    i took robotics and automation at school for three years i have my job title as electromechanical technicial robotics needs computers for everything
    with out the aid of computers robotics would not exist and in order to use a robot most of the time it requires programming which in alot of cases can be very difficult (and impossible for begginners) stop by my web site i havent updated it lately but i check it regularly
    jrelectromech.services.officelive.com

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Believe in it.
  • MSDTechMSDTech Posts: 342
    edited 2009-07-21 19:48
    Ol' Nas,
    My mentor and advisor in collage made the selection of an engineering field easy. He simply stated that for any engineer, your degree field is only significant for your FIRST job. After that, its what you have been learning since collage. Since almost all fields in technology are in a constant state of change, you must accept you will be learning for the rest of your career. My degree was in Ceramic Engineering and 40 years later, I work in computers and electronics - go figure.
  • AutoAttenuationAutoAttenuation Posts: 3
    edited 2009-07-21 20:14
    I realize that this post just keeps this topic slightly off course I figured I could throw in my two cents. I don't believe that EE is dying at all. I believe that EE is getting harder to break into. I completed my EE just under a year ago and at least in my area there are plenty of jobs for technicians. The difficulty lies in moving into actual engineering. With technology progressing so quickly and many things being outsourced to firms in Asia it can be difficult to get started. The field is very cut-throat. I have worked in electronics for about five years now and with my degree I am just to the point where I am doing R&D work for the Design Engineers at our firm. My advice for anyone in school is if you think you can keep up and continue innovating as fast as the field is progressing, and you have the stones for it, electrical engineering can be one of the most rewarding jobs you may ever have.
    edited 2009-07-22 00:09
    EE can be very difficult at times but it can be very easy at times too its great to be able to say ooo i know how to fix that or be like this may take a little thinking cause either way you are learning how to do it better the next time i personally may be able to o back and substitue in the classroom in which i was taught my field in now thats rewarding

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Believe in it.