Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp editor V2.2.5 — Parallax Forums

Stamp editor V2.2.5

Steve2381Steve2381 Posts: 94
edited 2009-07-06 22:48 in BASIC Stamp
I am having real grief with my Stamp editing software - V2.2.5. I am sure there is a newer version out by now.
No I am not computer stupid.... I have been doing this long enough.

The trouble I have is that the save function is nothing short of totally useless.
If I save a project with multiple program slots, it writes over the slots of other programs - usually earlier editions of the software I am writing.
Surely if I save the first slot of a program and name it something new, any associated slots should save as new versions associated with the new program name, not overwrite the slots of other earlier versions (if that makes any sense).
I have ended up with no working copies of some software I have been working on for about a year.

mad.gif

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-07-06 20:56
    The current Stamp Editor is V2.4.2. Install a fresh copy.

Go to the main Parallax webpage and click on the Resources tab. In the list of links that you get, click on Downloads, then Stamp Software.
  • TinkersALotTinkersALot Posts: 535
    edited 2009-07-06 22:48
    Steve -- what a drag if you have actually lost a years worth of work....do you use any version control software? if you are, then your repository should have backups for you (if you had checked in the code ever). If you are not, then you may consider looking into starting to use one.