Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Way to read voltage using MoBoStamp-pe — Parallax Forums

Way to read voltage using MoBoStamp-pe

CalebCaleb Posts: 18
edited 2009-06-29 02:28 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,all;
I am new with Mobostamp. I need to read analog voltage output from two sensors using daughter boards of A and B. I heard that Mobo has built-in A to D. Does anyone can how I can make simple code using what pins from each daughter boards? I believe there should be Q&A regarding this....or would you let me know the link where I can find the discussiong? If simple code for this, it will be best!. Output voltage of my sensors are 0~3.3V.
Thanks,
Caleb

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-06-28 22:37
    Have you read the documentation for the Mobo's peripheral processors? Look at the link under GPIO3 Manual here:
    www.parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/BASICStampModules/tabid/134/CategoryID/12/List/0/SortField/0/Level/a/ProductID/451/Default.aspx

Pages 6 & 7 discuss how to use the built-in A to D converters.
  • CalebCaleb Posts: 18
    edited 2009-06-28 22:58
    Dear,Mike; Thanks a lot. I am studying nowfor the manual which seems what I need.

By the way, in order to do data logging, I found "PLX-DAQ" in the website, and which seems very good my purpose. I download the software and example....but, I wonder if there is any detail explanation to do step by step...which I couldn't find so far.... would you direct me if there is any additional discription for step by step....also, would you adivse if this program is the proper one you can recommend for biginner or if there is something else which I can consider later?

Thanks agan, caleb.
  • sylvie369sylvie369 Posts: 1,622
    edited 2009-06-29 02:28
    Caleb said...

Dear,Mike; Thanks a lot. I am studying nowfor the manual which seems what I need.

By the way, in order to do data logging, I found "PLX-DAQ" in the website, and which seems very good my purpose. I download the software and example....but, I wonder if there is any detail explanation to do step by step...which I couldn't find so far.... would you direct me if there is any additional discription for step by step....also, would you adivse if this program is the proper one you can recommend for biginner or if there is something else which I can consider later?

Thanks agan, caleb.

The help files and examples that come with the PLX-DAQ download should help you to get it running.·It's quite well documented there.