Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Debug command — Parallax Forums

Debug command

Larry~Larry~ Posts: 242
edited 2009-06-28 22:46 in BASIC Stamp
Is there any way to issue font·type and font size commands when using debug ?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-06-28 18:57
    No, not with the Stamp Editor's DEBUG window.

Control of fonts is completely up to the display device. Some LCDs, for example, have control codes for changing the font size and you can send those using a DEBUG statement (since DEBUG is a special case of the SEROUT statement). The Stamp Editor's debug window has no provision for changing the font type and size from the Stamp.

DEBUG just outputs standard asynchronous serial information. It's possible to use another serial terminal program on the PC end, one that responds to all sorts of font control information. An ANSI terminal emulator responds to standard (ANSI) control sequences (see the Wikipedia article on the subject for details) and you can send these using the DEBUG statement.
    edited 2009-06-28 18:59
    Here's one Wikipedia article: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANSI_escape_code
  • Larry~Larry~ Posts: 242
    edited 2009-06-28 19:10
    I don't even see how to change the font on the
    basic stamp editor screen·/ and or debug screen
    much less in the debug command line
    edited 2009-06-28 19:32
    The Basic Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual describes how to change the editor font and font size and the debug window font and font size. For example, page 64 shows the preference pane for the debug window.

You can download the Manual from Parallax here: www.parallax.com/tabid/440/Default.aspx
    edited 2009-06-28 19:41
    Ok I admit Im fealing stupid right now but I really don't see a way to change the font type.
    edited 2009-06-28 21:29
    I don't think there's a configurable way to change the font type. You would have to use some other terminal emulator like HyperTerminal.

The DEBUG window is not a general purpose terminal window. It's a debugging aid. Similarly, the Stamp Editor is designed for creating and editing Stamp programs and some of the sample programs available make use of the Parallax fonts. The Stamp compiler (called a tokenizer) is available separately for the MacOS, Windows, and Linux and can be integrated with other, more general, IDEs, but it's not a job for beginners.
    edited 2009-06-28 22:46
    okydoky

I thought maybe I could change system fonts but its not worth the effort

Thanks