Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Paging system — Parallax Forums

Paging system

CamaneyCamaney Posts: 16
edited 2009-06-28 01:57 in BASIC Stamp
Hi everyone, have you seen a paging system project using the Basic Stamp or the SX?

I am talking something similar to the ones used in restaurants or hospitals, check this link please:
www.curbellelectronics.com/disc_pager.html

Thanks.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-06-27 20:20
    You don't have to use a microcontroller on the receive side. The chips normally used in garage door openers would work. They're configurable to specific addresses. On the transmit end, you would have a Stamp or SX (or Propeller) to interface to a keypad and LCD display and the controller would simply present a receiver code to the transmitter chip and that would activate the matching receiver.

I don't remember an existing project, but it wouldn't be hard to do once you've chosen the transmitter/receiver chips.

Linx Technologies is one manufacturer of chips and modules: www.linxtechnologies.com/Products/RF-Modules/

Post Edited (Mike Green) : 6/27/2009 8:50:33 PM GMT
  • CamaneyCamaney Posts: 16
    edited 2009-06-28 01:57
    Mike, thanks for your reply and the information.
    You already gave me a good idea as of how I can start forming this project, just wanted to know if someone else had built something similar to not re-invent the wheel.

I checked the link you sent me, they have plenty of information and so many options; since I am not very knowledgeable in RF and remote controlled applications I had to contact technical support and ask for recommendations, just an FYI.

I will keep posting my progress on this thread.
    Thanks again.
    ---