Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Multiple Basic Stamp Programs — Parallax Forums

Multiple Basic Stamp Programs

RocketManicRocketManic Posts: 1
edited 2009-06-26 21:17 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to use say a eeprom to store multiple programs. Then load and run a certain·program with an input signal (transmitter/receiver signal)

I am wanting to excute a program from a R/C transmitter signal. I know it is possible to operate a circuit from a R/C transmitter signal (See the following link··· http://robots.freehostia.com/Circuits/RCSwitch/RCSwitch.html).· Now the question is can I select and run a certain basic stamp program with such a signal, ie 3 different programs with a 3-channel R/C transmitter/receiver)

Thanks,

Randy

Comments

• Mike2545Mike2545 Posts: 433
    edited 2009-06-26 19:28
    Randy, With the BS2e, and other·BS2 models·from Parallax, you can load up to 8 programs in a single stamp. The programs could be run with a loop looking for input (high/low)·on a pin. The program that you run, could come back to the first one and wait for another input.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike2545

This message sent to you on 100% recycled electrons.
  • RocketmaniacRocketmaniac Posts: 26
    edited 2009-06-26 21:07
    Mike2545 said...

Randy, With the BS2e, and other·BS2 models·from Parallax, you can load up to 8 programs in a single stamp. The programs could be run with a loop looking for input (high/low)·on a pin. The program that you run, could come back to the first one and wait for another input.

That I exactly what I was looking for. I·be be·runing·using a BS2sx. I am building a R/C / robot. I need to run a few separate programs based on different inputs from the R/C transmitter.

Is there anything special I need to do? Does anyone have an example program/setup to go by?

I am involved in model rocketry. My club flies everything from 8" mini-rockets all the way up to 15'· mega-rockets. With the·large rockets we can't be within 1000' of the rocket at launch. I am building a robot (aka DangerCAM) to go out to the large rockets and take pictures.

BTW.· In the near future, log onto www.dangercam.com.

Thanks for your help.

Randy

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-06-26 21:17
    Nuts and Volts Column #87 (www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/cols/nv/vol3/col/nv87.pdf) discusses this.