Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with Emic module ? — Parallax Forums

Help with Emic module ?

TomvnTomvn Posts: 103
edited 2009-06-23 16:16 in BASIC Stamp
·Hi all
·I just have Emic module , and try do write some code thought press a key on my laptop to make the boebot speak ,i use Eb500 to transmit the charactor and send to boebot so make the Emic speakout but didn`t work , but the eb500 it seem have been send out the signal because i see the light on Emic module it turn to yellow for a bit and then back· to green anytime i press the··"s" key.

main:
Serin 0, 84,[noparse][[/noparse]value]
if value ="s" then hello

return

' sub............
·hello:
·· GOSUB Check_Busy
···· SEROUT Tx, Baud,· [noparse][[/noparse]Say, " Hello, How are you.", EOM]
··· RETURN
··
Could anyone help ?

BS2 + EB500 + Emic module.
·

Comments

• xanatosxanatos Posts: 1,120
    edited 2009-06-23 15:58
    Hi,

Not sure if this will help - but I'm attaching a code example for you.· My Emic LED goes red when it's talking, not sure if that's just a difference in lots or revisions, or if there's something else going on...

In the attached code I have IND wired up to a BCD thumbwheel switch and when a pushbutton is activated, the system reads the value on IND, and uses that to determine what phrase choice, preprogrammed in EEPROM DATA, it will speak.· I also have three of the possible choices set up to allow for incremental setting of the voice pitch, tempo and volume using a voice-driven menu.

It would be a fairly simple matter to replace the EEPROM data and the thumbwheel BCD switch with input from the serial port so it could speak just about anything you wanted it to.

Let me know if this helps.· Please note that the attached code is for a BS2SX - be sure to modify it for whatever stamp you are using, including the BAUD setting (84 for BS2, 240 for BS2SX - that little item just bit me on another project, which is why I think to mention it right now... :-)·· )

Good luck!

Dave X

PS., apologies for the phrases programmed in... I was watching a rerun of Star Trek: The Next Generation when I was programming this!
  • TomvnTomvn Posts: 103
    edited 2009-06-23 16:16
    Hi Xanatos your code is great , but my different ,i need to control emic by my laptop to use the keybroad to send the characters and eb500 to reciver it
    i try use DO LOOP addon subroutine it work but when i press "s" it speak out looping.