Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Multiple EEPROM's, multiple BSp's — Parallax Forums

Multiple EEPROM's, multiple BSp's

dev/nulldev/null Posts: 381
edited 2009-06-20 01:01 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

Hope someone can help me with these questions.

Q1) I noticed in the documentation that the I2COUT and I2CIN does not support multiple masters. Does this mean I can't have multiple BSp's connect to the same EEPROM?

Q2) I have some problems understanding the SlaveID parameter of I2CIN/OUT. Assuming I have two EEPROM's (24LC128). What value should the SlaveID parameter have for each of them?

Q3) Assuming I have two EEPROM's (24LC128). do I need additional wiring, or should all three pins A0, A1, and A2 be connected to Vss as normal?

Q4) In the documentation for I2CIN/OUT, it says that SCL (clock) on the EEPROM should connect to the next pin after the data pin on the BS2, but the SCL pin is never referred in the code (wtf is up with that?). I just need an explanation? Obviously this has something to do with syncronizing the clocks, but does the BS2 automatically send clock pulses on that pin?

Thanks.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-06-20 00:04
    1) Yes, you can't

2) For any I2C device, the documentation describes the necessary SlaveID. For EEPROMs, it's typically $A0 for the first EEPROM.

3) The connections for A0, A1, A2 have to be different for the two EEPROMs. Typically one has all three wired to Vss and the other has A0 wired to Vdd.

4) The BS2p Stamps always assume that SDA is on pin 0 or pin 8 and SCL is on the next pin (pin 1 or pin 9 depending on the pin number in the I2CIN and I2COUT statements). The Stamp takes care of the SCL/SDA timing.
  • dev/nulldev/null Posts: 381
    edited 2009-06-20 01:01
    Thanks a lot Mike, that clears it up.