Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Project help/ General Help — Parallax Forums

Project help/ General Help

TrixTrix Posts: 9
edited 2009-06-18 05:31 in BASIC Stamp
First off im new to the world of micro controllers. I have completed creating a BoeBot but that's about it. For the General help, is there any good BASIC guide for commands?

Now on to the project.
I want to use a basic stamp and create an RFID enable light. How would i go about doing so. I have the RFID reader, what other parts might i need. Also i have looked at the Parallax provided code for the RFID reader and slot of the BASIC in there is confusing which then that leads to my first question.

Thanks,
Nick

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-06-18 03:43
    The Basic Stamp Editor has a help section, you should read that. You will need something to switch the current to your light.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • TrixTrix Posts: 9
    edited 2009-06-18 04:07
    Thank you i will read that. So something like a relay?
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-06-18 04:59
    Trix said...
    I want to use a basic stamp and create an RFID enable light.

Could you elaborate on this point?
  • TrixTrix Posts: 9
    edited 2009-06-18 05:13
    I want to be able to used the RFID reader to read a predetermined rfid tag and when it reads the correct tag i want it to turn on a light.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-06-18 05:31
    Read the documentation that comes with the RFID reader. There are links from the product page on Parallax's webstore. There are also sample programs. You should download the "What's a Microcontroller?" tutorial. There are examples in that for turning on and off LEDs and interacting with switches among other things. Also download the "Stamp Basic Syntax and Reference Manual" which describes each of the PBasic statements and gives examples of their use. Go to the main Parallax webpage and click on the Resources tab. You'll see links to Downloads and Nuts and Volts Columns which are excellent articles with sample code and schematics. Under Downloads, you'll find Stamps in Class Downloads where you'll find all sorts of tutorials.