Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
buying a oscelloscope...... — Parallax Forums

buying a oscelloscope......

stamp_demonstamp_demon Posts: 69
edited 2009-06-17 03:28 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hello everyone..
·I have been reading up on scopes in the hope of learning what scope might be good for me, and my needs. Well as far as my needs go, I will be using for a learning tool along with my BOE. In addition to that I am a ham operator, and would like to have a scope capable of reading frenquencys in the 7.0 mhz to 14.0 mhz, and possible a littel higher. From what I have read I would need a scope with a bandwith of over 100mhz, for a 14mhz signal. But I just can· not afford a 100 to 200mhz scope. Also I seems that a dule trace is best. So what I have found is a textronix 2315 60mhz scope. It is currently on ebay for about 60.00 with a few hours left, and best of all the guy lives about 10 miles from me. So today I was able to try it out..... very nice toy. But I wonder if it will work well for my needs, also how much groth will it have for me. I realize that this will not be my only scope, and that I may buy a better, newer one in time. I just don't want to buy a new one next year.
· If anyone has any experience with this scope, or maybe a seguestion of another in the 100.00 to maybe 200.00 range please let me know...
·· And thank you all....