Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RFID question — Parallax Forums

RFID question

electromanjelectromanj Posts: 270
edited 2009-06-16 04:32 in BASIC Stamp
Hello all, I have a question. I purchased the serial RFID plus cards kit last summer. It sat idle in the package until today when I saw the potential for a project! I downloaded the bs2 sample program from the product page this evening and it works great. When I swipe one of the cards past the reader the LED goes from red to green and debugs "unauthorized".
My question is: How do I read the number string from my cards so I can change the code to read my cards?
Thanks!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-06-16 03:51
    Download and read Nuts and Volts Column #120 on the use of the RFID reader and cards. You can go to the index for the columns by going to the main Parallax webpage and clicking on the Resources tab. You'll see a link appear for Nuts and Volts Columns. If you click on that, you'll go to the index. The column shows several ways to read the number string from the cards.
  • electromanjelectromanj Posts: 270
    edited 2009-06-16 04:01
    Mike, you always help out! Thank you very much. I'll check that out. Maybe more questions later.
  • Rutcgr18Rutcgr18 Posts: 47
    edited 2009-06-16 04:05
    This is the code that will tell you what your keys are
  • electromanjelectromanj Posts: 270
    edited 2009-06-16 04:32
    Thank you thank you thank you! You guys are awesome. I found that progam in the link that Mike gave me. Lots of great info there. And Rutcgr18, I was getting ready to enter that program into the editor and saw your post, downloaded it tryed it and worked great. Thanks a million! What a great forum!