Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Computer real-time controlling of outputs is possible? — Parallax Forums

Computer real-time controlling of outputs is possible?

joao18484joao18484 Posts: 2
edited 2009-06-11 15:45 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I'm very new on this new world and I need a little help to understand if I can find what I need.

So, I need a board to connect to a PC and via computer orders control(on-off) in real-time 12 motors (coin-type vibrators with input voltage of 1,5 to 3 V each)

Thank you all and I appreciate your help,
Joao

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-06-11 14:53
    This is a ready-to-go controller that includes a Basic Stamp and the necessary buffers to directly control up to 16 small motors. It connects to a PC for downloading programs and the same connection can be used for commands from the PC.

www.efx-tek.com/topics/prop-2.html
  • joao18484joao18484 Posts: 2
    edited 2009-06-11 15:25
    Thanks a lot Mike,

So, as far as I understand, these can be controlled by an uploaded program into the board as well as direcly and in real-time from the computer.
    This later one is not so obvious when reading the specifications of these boards.

I came to think that a Relay Board is more suitable for my case. What do you think?
    But, since BS do the same and plus give me the option of storing some program, and also the prices are quite the same, I'm considering this option.

Thank you again,
    Joao
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-06-11 15:45
    The EFX-TEK board requires some kind of program in it. This could be very simple, something that essentially turns it into a relay board. Perhaps 5 to 10 lines of Stamp Basic code would work. You would have the option later of using something more complex. A relay board designed for connection to a PC would also work, but would always require a PC.