Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New BS2's seem DOA? Read this... — Parallax Forums

New BS2's seem DOA? Read this...

xanatosxanatos Posts: 1,120
edited 2009-06-12 23:59 in BASIC Stamp
This is - I'm sure - painfully obvious for the old hands here, but as I am relatively new to these things, I thought I'd post it here in case other newbies encounter the same issue.

Long story short - I have several BS2sx units all working fine in various projects - most are about a year old or so I guess.· I just ordered two new ones - and my editor didn't see either of them (Run > Identify).· It showed my old ones, not the new ones.· I thought they were dead.· But a phone call to tech support resolved my issue immediately.· I had version 2.2 of the editor, and the new BS2sx units required v 2.4.x.· Mystery solved.

I feel like I probably look a little silly posting this - but I'm actually really good with things like this - so if it got me, it'll get someone else, I just hope they find this post!

Thanks, Tech Support!· You were a great help!!· :-)

Dave X

·

Comments

• VaatiVaati Posts: 712
    edited 2009-06-10 23:14
    Well, the same sort of thing happened to me--I hadn't updated the BASIC Stamp Editor on my laptop at all from when I got the CD, I still had version 2.1! When I decided to program my penguin, I couldn't even save files as .bpx. So, after a quick download of the latest editor, I can get back to wondering why in the world the tilt servo isn't tilting, or for that matter, moving at all...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Quit buying all those fixed voltage regulators, and·get an Adjustable Power Supply·for your projects!· Includes an LED testing terminal!
  • sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2009-06-10 23:54
    You are not alone I had the same Problem as well I did not have lasted version of the Basic Stamp Editor so mine did not work either

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ··Thanks for any·idea.gif·that you may have and all of your time finding them smile.gif

·
    ·
    ·
    ·
    Sam
  • xanatosxanatos Posts: 1,120
    edited 2009-06-12 15:17
    Thanks for your words of support! smile.gif Glad I wasn't the only one!!!

I'm also immensely glad that the new versions remain backwards-compatible with the older chips... I have one of the very FIRST BS2 chips produced - I think I got it in 1998 or something! It still works like a champ!

Dave
  • GiuseppeGiuseppe Posts: 51
    edited 2009-06-12 19:03
    Hasn't happened to me yet but thanks to your post, it won't!
  • xanatosxanatos Posts: 1,120
    edited 2009-06-12 23:59
    Happy to help! smile.gif