Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
DS1302 and datalogger - logging time when button pressed — Parallax Forums

DS1302 and datalogger - logging time when button pressed

xanatosxanatos Posts: 1,120
edited 2009-06-11 02:04 in BASIC Stamp
I'm playing with the DS1302 and the datalogger, running on a BS2sx. ·I have both running OK, but I'm trying to make them work together - has anyone created any kind of project that would simply log the date/time to the datalogger USB drive whenever a button is pressed - and would you be willing to share your code on that?

Thanks very much!

Dave X
·

Comments

• UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2009-06-11 00:33
    Hi Dave, the BS2 code at this link http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=807516 was originally written using the DS1302 in burst read mode to test the application .

The burst read was done in the subroutine called Get_data , I changed it out for something simpler when I posted it thinking that not everyone would have access to the 1302.

The actual DS1302 code that I used was the example available on the DS1302 product page.

I didn't use a button but that would be a simple addition.

Jeff T.
  • xanatosxanatos Posts: 1,120
    edited 2009-06-11 02:04
    Thanks, I'm looking through the code and document now. I had found your circuit in a previous search, but I got confused when I saw the hookup was so different from the startup guide that I downloaded for the device. I'll try it out tomorrow and report my results. Thanks very much!

Dave X.