Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Using BS2p controller with BS2 code? — Parallax Forums

Using BS2p controller with BS2 code?

treborz17treborz17 Posts: 76
edited 2009-06-11 12:35 in BASIC Stamp
I am renewing some of my projects that I have had to abandon for a couple of years, and find myself a lot less knowledgable about the basics of BS2 controllers.· I want to renew the use of a few programs coded in BS2·utilizing the BS2p controller, which I seem to have a few more BS2p's· in my bag of goodies than I·have BS2 controllers.· I guess I'm being a little more lazy than I should be on researching the transistion, but I would really appreciate·some general thoughts on the basic differences·where I need to make adjustments to the code?· Any input would be appreciated.

Robert

post scriptum:· I have all the reference manuals on the controllers, I just need a push in the right direction.

Post Edited (treborz17) : 6/10/2009 10:09:42 PM GMT

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-06-10 22:16
    The primary issue is that there are a variety of statements that have timing dependencies that vary between the BS2 and BS2p and you have to change the constants in your program. In each case, the reference manual gives the values for each of the Stamp models. For example, SERIN / SEROUT require different Baud constants. PULSIN / PULSOUT are in units that vary between Stamp models. The BS2p has statements that the BS2 does not, but there are no statements for the BS2 that are absent or different on the BS2p.
  • treborz17treborz17 Posts: 76
    edited 2009-06-11 12:35
    Thank you Mike, yes, I remember now -- it should have been obvious to me about the differences in timing.·