Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PAUSE timing using the HB25 and the BS2sx.. — Parallax Forums

PAUSE timing using the HB25 and the BS2sx..

denodeno Posts: 242
edited 2009-06-09 16:50 in BASIC Stamp
Hello, I posted on the Stamp page, but didn't get an exact answer to the above.· I have been running 2 HB25's in tandom with a regular BS2 using the PAUSE command of 1 second between pulses and 5 seconds after the last pulse to the second HB25 for the "hold off time".· The documention says that users of faster stamps, like the BS2sx need to adjust this PAUSE time.· Has anyone used a BS2sx with 2 HB25's (right and left wheel drive).· If so, what PAUSE timing did you find to work good?

Deno

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2009-06-09 15:12
    The pause time should be the same.· You will have to change the baud rate to 1875 in order for it to work.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • denodeno Posts: 242
    edited 2009-06-09 16:50
    Thank you...it is just that, the documentation suggests that the timing would have to be altered due to the fact that the bS2sx is faster, meaning that after the PAUSE 1 executes, the BS2sx could go to the next instruction, which is the next PULSOUT for the second HB25 before the additional .1 mSecond 'time out' has passed. I haven't had a chance to test this out, as I am waiting for the BS2sx to arrive from Parallax. I got lots of BS2's. This is mentioned on Page 3, last paragraph of the HB25 documentation.

DenO