Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 and the memory stick data logger #27937 — Parallax Forums

BS2 and the memory stick data logger #27937

hamhog55hamhog55 Posts: 3
edited 2009-06-08 18:32 in BASIC Stamp
We are doing near space ballooning and we want to use the memory stick data logger to store our infromation stream, or data take on it.· I have the program from the web site.· My questions how would I use three to four more sensors and store the data to the flashdrive.

Billscool.gif

Comments

• SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-06-08 18:26
    Take a look at the code here. It's terribly under commented, but the datalogger program should give you some ideas. http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=741023
  • UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2009-06-08 18:32
    Hi Bill, the procedure is to open a file for write on the flashdrive , aquire the data then write it and repeat until your log is complete on completion close the file.

How you achieve this is dependent on how much data you have for each sample , whether you want to write all 4 sensor data in one go or 4 individual writes .

If I were you I would write a program to collect data from just one sensor and when you were satisfied with the results add in another sensor etc.

Adapt the example program you have and if there are some errors post your code here as an attachment for people to try and help resolve the errors.

Jeff T.

EDIT: SRLM's link and example is one of the best on the forums a good example to work from·. Note the program uses a multi slot Stamp.·A consideration before you buy

Post Edited (Unsoundcode) : 6/8/2009 6:37:59 PM GMT