Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax products embedded in marketable systems — Parallax Forums

Parallax products embedded in marketable systems

xanatosxanatos Posts: 1,120
edited 2009-06-12 15:12 in BASIC Stamp
If I have a design that has marketable potential and uses several parallax modules (such as a stamp, PINK embedded server, and datalogger), does Parallax offer any type of function whereby these discreet modules can be designed into a single board - saving space, etc., and making it all into a single unit based on my design specs?· And preferably that would be cost effective over, say, ordering the discreet modules themselves in quantities of 100 at a shot...???

Thanks for the info,

Dave X
·

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2009-06-08 14:16
    Parallax offers discount quanity pricing for products.· However, we do not produce custom boards.· We have a list of "Authorized Consultants" that can help with your board.· Here is a link to our consultants:· http://www.parallax.com/tabid/382/Default.aspx

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support

Post Edited (Dave Andreae (Parallax)) : 6/8/2009 2:31:37 PM GMT
  • xanatosxanatos Posts: 1,120
    edited 2009-06-08 20:44
    OK, good start. I guess the question I am asking is if all the components that are present on a given module are available NOT already embedded in the module. For example, on the BS2SX there is the processor, resonator, EEPROM, regulator, etc... are those components all sold separately for inclusion on custom boards?

Thanks,

DX
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2009-06-08 21:21
    DX,

Yes, you can build your own BS2SX on your own PCB. We build the BS2SX-IC in Rocklin, and all of the components are stocked in our warehouse. All of them are available for sale individually for customers who do what you are doing.

Ken Gracey
    edited 2009-06-08 21:31
    That's what I was hoping to hear! Hopefully this holds true for many of the other modules as well (datalogger, embedded server, etc)

Thanks!!

Dave X
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-06-09 05:43
    The datalogger uses the Vinculum chip from FTDI. The VDrive2 is FTDI's datalogger. Their documentation includes schematics and the parts in addition to the Vinculum chip are all standard. You can buy the Vinculum chip in quantity from FTDI.

The PINK embedded server is a custom version (for Parallax) of a 3rd party device (made by NetBurner). You'd have to talk to NetBurner about licensing their design and talk to both Parallax and NetBurner about the custom firmware.
    edited 2009-06-12 15:12
    Thanks for the info. The PINK server is probably going to be fine as-is as just a daughter board. That PINK server is SWEET! I'm going to add one of those to everything I own I think! smile.gif

Dave