Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2sx substitution for BS2 and the HB25 — Parallax Forums

BS2sx substitution for BS2 and the HB25

denodeno Posts: 242
edited 2009-06-07 20:49 in BASIC Stamp
Hello...I have found it necessary to substitute a BS2sx for the BS2·in my application do to not enough EEPROM room on the BS2.· I have no problem using multiple programing slots to have/get more EEPROM program space.·

Having said that, I am using a couple of HB25's, configured to run in parallel from the same PULSOUT pin.· In reading the documentation data, it mentions that BS2sx users will have to pay more attention to the PAUSE command for the "time out pulses"· With the BS2, PAUSE 1 and PAUSE 5 is used.· Any recommendations on what PAUSE duration to use for the BS2sx when controlling two HB25's?

Deno

·

Comments

• $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2009-06-07 18:43
    deno

Take a look at PAUSE pg.311 Syntax reference Manual. What I get out of this is the STAMP directive will do the math from one stamp to another. Meaning PAUSE 1 will = 1 millisecond on any stamp. Timing with CON values is a hole different story.

___________$WMc%____

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Truth is out there············································ BoogerWoods, FL. USA
  • denodeno Posts: 242
    edited 2009-06-07 20:49
    Thank you, and yes I know that PAUSE 1 or PAUSE 5 is the same for any BS2 module.· However, has anyone been running a HB25 or pair of them using a BS2sx.If so, did you have to use PAUSE 2 and PAUSE 6 for the "time out pulses" or is there another way.

DenO