Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help displaying R/C time on serial LCD with BS2 — Parallax Forums

Help displaying R/C time on serial LCD with BS2

rbaumuellerrbaumueller Posts: 3
edited 2009-06-08 00:46 in BASIC Stamp
I have a Basic Stamp 2 and a 16x2 serial LCD.
I would like to display on the LCD the numbers that I get from a R/C circuit.
for example on the program I have : RCTIME 4, 1, pauseduration

I don't know how to program the Basic Stamp to display this "pauseduration"

Can anybody help me , maybe with some sample code to ad to my program?

Thank you, rbaumueller

confused.gifsmhair.gif

Post Edited (rbaumueller) : 6/7/2009 3:16:35 AM GMT

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-06-07 02:49
    1) There's all sorts of sample code with links on the Parallax webstore page on the 16x2 serial LCD. Have you looked at it?

2) You need to provide the source code for your program. Use the Attachment Manager that shows up on the page when when you click on Post Reply.
  • rbaumuellerrbaumueller Posts: 3
    edited 2009-06-07 03:07
    Thank you Mike Green!
    I am new to all this, I don't even know how to put in a subject for this thread!

I have not found any example codes on the page you mentioned, that will send from the basic stamp, everything sends it to the stamp and than the same thing comes back.

here is my program: I used the attachment manager, I hope that worked.

Rbaumueller.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-06-07 03:38
    Here is the product page for the 16x2 serial LCD:
    www.parallax.com/Store/Accessories/Displays/tabid/159/CategoryID/34/List/0/Level/a/ProductID/50/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%2cProductName

Just past where it says "RoHS Compliant", there's a section labelled "Downloads & Resources" with a list of links to the documentation and sample code. Look at the display documentation on page 6 for one example. In your program you're using the DEBUG statement. You can easily substitute a SEROUT statement as shown on page 6.
  • rbaumuellerrbaumueller Posts: 3
    edited 2009-06-08 00:46
    jumpin.gifhop.gif

Thank you a whole lot, Mike Green!!

I looked at the different documents, and found just what I need, thanks to you.

Now I implemented my new knowledge, and modified my program and little by little added more code.
    I even got all 4 adjustments of the R/C times, to display at once on the LCD, by shortening the variable names to just one letter.

If you are interested what this is all about, please go to http://share.gigapan.org/

Taking Panorama pictures with the Epic has some problems, namely when the robot gets to a new position, it takes the photograph
    immediately, and presses the shutter button down all the way. That is bad, because the tripod with the robot and camera on it are
    still shacking, and there is no time for the vibrations to stop. also there is no half press of the shutter, and the camera has no time
    to focus properly.

I tested it out, and it works great, now I will build a box for it.

Thank you again, Rudolf Baumueller.