Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BoeBot on MSRS via Serial Port — Parallax Forums

BoeBot on MSRS via Serial Port

NWUpgradesNWUpgrades Posts: 292
edited 2009-06-07 18:49 in BASIC Stamp
I am getting frustrated waiting on an answer to this from MS so I am looking for a bit of help here. I need to know if it is possible to connect·MS Robotics Studio 2008 Express edition to my Boe Bot via a serial port as opposed to using a Bluetooth module and if so, how do I go about doing it? Is there a way to modify the Parallax file to just use a Serial Port and not BT? I do not want to go to the expense of buying a module that I will not be using. I have an ITX board connected to my network wirelessly and will use VNC to connect to and run the robot. (I hope)!!!! Thanks if you can giving me any guidance to this problem.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-06-06 23:05
    The robot listens for serial commands and the PC sends serial commands. Look in the file that goes on the bot to see what it is expecting and then write code on the computer to send those codes. If MSRS no longer supports the beobot you may have to write your own code.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • NWUpgradesNWUpgrades Posts: 292
    edited 2009-06-07 00:53
    MSRS Does support the Boe Bot. They are the ones yhat told me where to find the attached file. This is the file that need to run on the Boe Bot to get it to communicate. However, this is programmed to be used with the Bluetooth module. What do I need to modify within it?
    edited 2009-06-07 01:08
    Well from the code it looks like you take out the references to IN5 and change the serin and serout to the pins you are using.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
    edited 2009-06-07 02:10
    What do you mean "What Pins I am using"? I am using Serial Port 3.
    edited 2009-06-07 18:44
    The boebot does not have a "Serial Port 3"

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
    edited 2009-06-07 18:49
    I meant that I am using Com 3 on the computer to connect to my Boe Bot. Sorry for the confusion.