Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe Bot Firmware???? — Parallax Forums

Boe Bot Firmware????

NWUpgradesNWUpgrades Posts: 292
edited 2009-06-06 00:06 in BASIC Stamp
OK, So I am trying to program my Boe-Bot with MS Robotics Studio 2008, but I am reading in their forums and I am to understand that I need a Firmware upgrade for the Boe Bot. Any idea where I can get this?

Comments

• Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
    edited 2009-06-05 08:39
    I did a quick search and found nothing about a firmware update.

Really what you mean, is you need a boe bot program update.

The ultimate goal of using the boe bot is to learn the basic language and then YOU can start to modify the code, or "firmware"

Do you have the basic stamp programmer installed?

Have you followed the boe-bot's manual on how to get it to work?

And can you link to the forum that mentioned that you need a "frimware" update?

I started with a boe-bot, and once i got good at basic by just trying program changes with the boe bot, I moved into a chip that has more processing power and interrupts: the SX.

If you look at the boe-bots manual, it starts you out, step by step on how to build your first program, a program that only makes a LED blink. You should start there, so you can understand how the bs2 chip works, and how it programs. Then you can scan over the boe bot program and start to understand how it works. You do that and in 2 months you will be writing your own boe bot "firmware".

The basic language is pretty easy to learn, combine that with a bs2 (your boe bot has one) and you have easy programming combined with good processing power.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Meh. Nothing here, move along.
  • mikedivmikediv Posts: 825
    edited 2009-06-06 00:06
    NWUpgrades before you pull your hair out in 2008 the boe bot is no longer supported by Microsoft no idea why or what is going on I had a nightmare trying to get mine to work EB500 Boe Bot I ended up down grading to 2005 I have a copy of the 2005 Microsoft robotics and 2005 visual studio if you want a copy I tried adding the boe bot files to the new 2008 but gave up after weeks of trying if you do search here there are a few posts from others that had the same problem that's how I figured it out
    the files are big and I do not know how to add attachments here so if you want all the programs just email me straight mikediv@comcast.net
    I do have it working with the older copy but its buggy I would love it if we could get full support for the new 2008 parallax still sells the EB500 last I checked'