Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Visual C# 2008, PBasic and a stepper motor controller — Parallax Forums

Visual C# 2008, PBasic and a stepper motor controller

NWUpgradesNWUpgrades Posts: 292
edited 2009-06-05 03:38 in BASIC Stamp
My issue actually contains a few parts so please bear with me. I recently purchased a stepper motor controller that will control 3 motors via a USB port. It shows up as a Human Interface Device in Device Manager. Is there a way to program PBasic to make it "communicate" with this device? My robot will actually have an on board ITX motherboard, and I will be using that coupled with some BS2 stamps for controlling it. Next, is it possible to have PBasic communicate with my C# program and if so, how do I go about doing that? I want to use MS Robotics Studio, but have been told that I need to code in C# to make life easier. If I can get PBasic to communicate with C#, I can then port the whole thing to MSRS. However, I need to at the very least get the controller to function and be accessible through the BS2 chip. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-06-05 03:38
    The bs2 talks to a serial port and your c# will talk to the same port passing data between the two. For the stamp you use serin and serout, what you use in c# you will have to read the documentation.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen