Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
LED Long Chaser circuit — Parallax Forums

LED Long Chaser circuit

KKDZ28KKDZ28 Posts: 10
edited 2009-06-05 14:17 in BASIC Stamp
OK, im still pretty new to all this. I tried to search and could not find the info needed. I want to make a chaser type circuit with a BS2 I have. Im really not sure how to expand the amount of port to control a lot of them. I want to control like 150 LEDs but know that might be a little hard. Even it I could do a third of that. What can I use to address each LED? Would like to do a fading effect and not just one and off. Anyone have an idea? Thanks in advance. Sorry if this was covered some place but I could not find it.

Comments

• $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2009-06-04 22:33
    KKDZ28

The 74HC595 comes to mind here.This is a simple shift register. Take a look at Experiment #23 in the Stamp Works Manual.

As far as fading goes thats just a function of ON time vers OFF time to the LEDs. Take a look at Pulse out and Experiment #2 in the Stamp Works Manual.

_______$WMc%______

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Truth is out there············································ BoogerWoods, FL. USA
  • KKDZ28KKDZ28 Posts: 10
    edited 2009-06-05 14:17
    I think that is what I need! Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I knew it was going to be in an easy spot! blush.gif