Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Servo Magazine opinion wanted — Parallax Forums

Servo Magazine opinion wanted

PrettybirdPrettybird Posts: 269
edited 2009-06-02 18:35 in BASIC Stamp
· I already get Nuts and Volts but really don't read that much. For robotics, would Servo magazine be worth the price? I am only interestted in Parallax stuff for now.

Comments

• Dale StewartDale Stewart Posts: 8
    edited 2009-06-02 09:43
    Save your money.
    There should be plenty of info on the Robotics Forum here, and on the 'net there is MUCH information.
  • Tom CTom C Posts: 461
    edited 2009-06-02 11:22
    Prettybird,

I·receive both Servo and Robot mags. I have been taking Robot for about two years, but just started taking Servo.

For my money, I feel that Robot has more to offer than Servo in terms of articles/projects using Parallax products.

I do not think that I will renew my Servo subscription when it comes due.

Just a thought.

Regards,
    TCIII

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    If you are going to send·a Robot·to save the world, you·better make sure it likes it the way it is!
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-06-02 16:09
    I enjoy circuit cellar and elector magazines.
  • PrettybirdPrettybird Posts: 269
    edited 2009-06-02 17:20
    Thanks guys. Just wondering. I finally completted my first boe with ALL the parts and am getting ahead of myself. Just started the programming today. Learned real quick BS2 and BS2px different animals. I guess I will use the homework board for a while. The servo stuff is different for the BS2px. I have a bad habit of skipping pages.
  • HumanoidoHumanoido Posts: 5,770
    edited 2009-06-02 18:35
    Robot magazine has a lot of articles that are Parallax related. I enjoy it because it touches on all types of robots, and has reviews of most new products, including humanoids. It's shipped internationally too.

If I had to choose, I would get 1) Robot magazine, 2) Servo Magazine, 3) Nuts & Volts, 4) Elector, 5) Circuit Cellar and .... ok, I choose all the above!!!

humanoido