Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Board of Education Problem - Help — Parallax Forums

Board of Education Problem - Help

MichelBMichelB Posts: 154
edited 2009-06-03 15:31 in BASIC Stamp
After fitting some parts on my Board of Education Rev C for an activity I switched on 1 and ran a program and received the messsage "Communication Error - Basic Stamp not found". Verifying all connections I tried again and noticed that just after switched the green LED on board slowly goes out. Without communication with the PC I switched on / off and noticed that LED goes out sometimes yes sometimes no.
Is my board or BS2 dead? or only a switch problem? Thanks.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-06-01 17:34
    Start by disconnecting all the parts and try it then make sure the power is properly connected. Let us know what you find.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • thebucketmousethebucketmouse Posts: 20
    edited 2009-06-01 17:34
    Sounds like it could be a battery problem? Try it again with a fresh battery
  • MichelBMichelB Posts: 154
    edited 2009-06-02 08:52
    Power is supplied with a DC supply 220 VAC - 9 VDC 300 mA. Voltage found·at regulator in = 9.72 V, out = 4.72 V, same voltage at the switch. Voltage at the LED is 2.15 V. Voltage was measured with a low cost tester, I remember measured 5 V with Parallax Oscilloscope in an activity. Before ending this message I disconnected / connected the USB/Serial adapter and all is correct now, phew (ouf in French). Thank you Stephen.
  • MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
    edited 2009-06-03 15:31
    When I experienced turning on things and the green light went dim, it was because I had a short circuit somewhere. Redoing the whole thing usually made it work correctly.