Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 to BS2px servo motor setup — Parallax Forums

BS2 to BS2px servo motor setup

PrettybirdPrettybird Posts: 269
edited 2009-06-01 12:04 in BASIC Stamp
· I noticed someone writing differences about the BS2 and the BS2px. I just started setting up the servos. On the growbot with new paralax servos I used the boe book (pg 69) to set up no problem. On the new boe with a BS2px, I used the same program to test if the older parallax servos were set up. They were not. I used the growbot chip (BS2) to set up the servos no problem, but when running the same program in the BS2px it ran. Am I correct to assume the timing is different as mentoned in a recient post? They mentoned to multiply the pulseout by 2.5. Do I have to reset the servo motors again? They are older and require disassembly and have to·be removed from·from a bigger robot frame. I stored a program I found on the parallax CD from Nuts and Volts 2001 march, but don't know where the file went. Somewhare with some other files I stored I guess. I appreciate any help I can get. Finally jumping into programming with 2 different stamps. I always thought bigger was better but see now I will be running into a few problems ahead. lol

Post Edited (Prettybird) : 6/1/2009 12:09:41 PM GMT

Comments

• PrettybirdPrettybird Posts: 269
    edited 2009-06-01 12:04
    I found my answer scrolling back a few months. I figured as much. I better start learning to record the differences between the BS2 and BS2px.