Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2-OO7 control? — Parallax Forums

BS2-OO7 control?

EverQuriousEverQurious Posts: 48
edited 2012-01-25 20:33 in BASIC Stamp
I am currently interested in trying to figure how to control a OWI 007 arm trainer using the BS2. I have the OWI pc interface but after constructing an LED logic display for the parallel port of the PC, I can't make heads or tails of the signals being sent to the interface as I run the OWI control software. I am no programing genius but I know it can't be that big a deal to generate BS2 code to control this simple arm.
On a side note one thing I hope to add is multi-joint movement simultaneously. However I do know enough if this interface is multiplexed I still may be only able to move one joint at a time. Am I right?
Anyway does anyone have any idea where I can find schematics on the OWI pc interface or point me to any alternate control software / interfacing information for the BS2?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I know, I know.... I would much rather use a SERVO arm, but times are a little tough and I have to entertain my robo habit with what I have now.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
EverQurious

Comments

• kleekrukleekru Posts: 32
    edited 2012-01-25 20:33
    Did you ever get this working? If so, I'm very curious about how you powered the arm... Did you figure out how to keep the D battery power yet trigger the switches using bs2 code?? Anyone have suggestions how to do this? I cut out the wires to the arm which basically uses basic polarity switching to open/close the gripper or move the elbow/shoulder up/down, etc. seems it should be easy to do this...