Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 and servo — Parallax Forums

BS2 and servo

shmowshmow Posts: 109
edited 2009-05-25 21:32 in BASIC Stamp
Hello all wise ones,
I'm have a Parallax continuous rotation servo running for a little game I've created (controlled by a BS2).
The only problem is the servo pulses when I power up my application.
Is there a way to prevent the servo from moving/pulsing when I power up my system?
Regards,
Shmow (less than wise)

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-05-25 21:17
    There may not be a way to prevent this sort of movement, but you could try using a pulldown resistor, maybe a 4.7K or 10K resistor from the servo control line to ground. If the "twitch" is because of the way the servo does its initialization, there may not be a fix. If the "twitch" is because of the servo control line seeing a noise pulse and treating it as a movement, the pulldown resistor may help. Some servos from a different manufacturer or a different line from the same manufacturer may behave differently on power up.
  • shmowshmow Posts: 109
    edited 2009-05-25 21:31
    Thanks Mike.
    Just so I am sure of the connection you recommend - I connect this resistor from the BS2's control pin to ground in parallel with the servo? Did I get that right?
    Regards,
    Shmow
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-05-25 21:32
    You could dedicate another I/O pin and hook it up to a transistor, with the transistor sitting on one of the lines of the servo. Then, you BS2 could turn the transistor on. This would only work for the second situation Mike posed.