Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ECG Signal and Temperature on Bluetooth, Robotics project. — Parallax Forums

ECG Signal and Temperature on Bluetooth, Robotics project.

rohitrohit Posts: 2
edited 2009-05-21 04:42 in BASIC Stamp
Hello, I am currently working on a 4 weeks project and I have some troubles in our project.
What we are trying to do:
ECG Signal + Temperature --> Basic Stamp 2 --> Parallax Bluetooth EB500 --> Labview (Receive via Bluetooth Dongle)

Can it be done without Data Acquistion Card? We have no prior experience on Labview and trying very hard to figure out the proper way to transmit the signals. We are thinking to give up the thinking if it involves Data Acquisition Card as it's expensive and the time is way too short to learn the program well enough. Any advice? Thanks.

best regards,
Rohit
Nanyang Technological University
Singapore

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-05-20 20:34
    Your description is very incomplete. Are you trying to acquire an ECG tracing for a period of time? How many samples are involved. How much resolution do you need? What kind of sample rate do you need?

You will certainly need some kind of external signal processing. Stamps do not have any built-in analog to digital conversion although there are techniques for using the digital switching threshold, but that's too slow with the Stamp for this sort of application.
  • rohitrohit Posts: 2
    edited 2009-05-21 04:34
    no I need just a single channel output..its just for demonstration purposes....I am using a ADC for the conversion of signals obtained from the circuit.But I am not quite sure how am I going to transfer the sampled digital signal to the basic stamp and then via via bluetooth to lab view??
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-05-21 04:42
    Parallax's tutorials can be found by going to their main webpage and clicking on the Resources tab, then on Downloads, then on Stamps in Class Downloads. That will get you to the webpage for the tutorials where you can download them. The Basic Analog and Digital tutorial gives examples for interfacing an ADC to a Stamp. The EB500 documentation shows how to send data from a Stamp to a PC over a Bluetooth serial link. The Stamp can format the data for Labview. You'll need to understand the Labview documentation and its description of the data format. Read the chapters on the SERIN and SEROUT statements in the Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual.