Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New to Microcontrolers, but have been an electronics/robottic hobbiest four 30 — Parallax Forums

New to Microcontrolers, but have been an electronics/robottic hobbiest four 30

EverQuriousEverQurious Posts: 48
edited 2009-05-20 06:10 in BASIC Stamp
I'm new to your sight but have nothing but a great learning experience thanks to your gangs and Parallsx's great suport. Ive tikner in electronis for years but not so much with microcontrollers. Sinse being introduced to the BS2 I have constructed a number of BOTS the most resent on built on an old BUSTER ROBOT toy drive and track platform. I currently avoids obsticles via 3 PING sensors and a pair of front tacticle sensors (seldom used)
I have several other add on items I wish to add (ARM, CMUCAM, and Copmass and vioce synthysis. I believe I will probably have to move up to a step up processor. PROP seems to be the way to go but I dread Learning a whole new language. I pretty much stuck to basic varieties.
So you may see me crying for help on here from time to time. freaked.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
EverQurious

Post Edited (EverQurious) : 5/20/2009 4:45:03 AM GMT

Comments

• W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    edited 2009-05-20 04:11
    Hi EverQurious! Don't be afraid of the Propeller. I'm learning it, so it can't be that hard.

Someone will tell you anyway so... this time it will be me. Use that little pencil icon in the upper right to edit your post so that it includes a subject.

Welcome to the most well behaved forum on the internet! Ok, maybe there are more well behaved forums out there but honestly, I haven't seen one.

Rich H

Post Edited (W9GFO) : 5/20/2009 4:22:35 AM GMT
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-05-20 06:10
    Personally, I like the prop a whole lot better than the BS2 for anything more than testing servos and LEDs. Probably the main benefit of working with the prop compared to the BS2 is the increased memory. Need a variable? Why, you can just declare it! Nice...

Sure, it won't come quickly, but it's certainly learnable. Here is a thread that helped me get my feet: http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=765086

If you know the theory behind how to program in PBASIC, then learning a new language is just details. Be sure to take a look at the PE labs, and the stickies in the Propeller forum.