Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Is It Fried?? LCD 4x20 B.L. — Parallax Forums

Is It Fried?? LCD 4x20 B.L.

Radridz3Radridz3 Posts: 49
edited 2009-05-19 04:30 in BASIC Stamp
I had a parallax LCD hooked up to show data from freq to light converter. And had no problems bauds r right and it worked fine 1 day then nothing the next. My BK precision power supply has been on the same voltage the hole time and no variables have changed. I know the BS2 pin is putting output out. Based on·Trans recorder ·info. Here's the symptons when BS2 and LCD are powered on the lcd shows the cursor line 0 row 0 no· cursor blink and no backlight. When I send a code to it say BL on or something stupid it does nothing. If your asking I am using HIGH a, pin 14 and $16 and $11 commands with pauses. Still no action. When I put the lcd into test mode it works perfect backlight comes on and displays all the info. Did it get ruined some how??? Anything I can try to diagnose the problem would be helpful. The other lcd I got from parallax last week on the daily deal had missing dots so there sending me another 1 anyway when I hook that 1 up it works perfect just looks crappy. So that makes me believe the thing is fried even though it selftests OK. Very frustrating for how price(y) there lcds are>>>>

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-05-18 15:35
    Hello,

If you believe the LCD to be non-functional please contact our Tech Support Dept. for further options. Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2009-05-18 16:05
    Can you post a schematic of your circuit and add your code as well?·

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • Radridz3Radridz3 Posts: 49
    edited 2009-05-19 04:30
    Well its not fried,,,, Had contnuity problems with 1 of the breadboard rows. One of these days I'll learn how to buy better equipment. Thanks Parallax guys for replying promptly...>