Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Non Working BASIC Stamps — Parallax Forums

Non Working BASIC Stamps

brupbrup Posts: 14
edited 2009-05-14 21:03 in BASIC Stamp
freaked.gif I have some stamps (Bs2) that will not work. When I try to load a program onto them they are not seen be the computer. An error message of no stamp found comes up. Is there any fix I could do myself? Or a surface mount component I can replace?

Post Edited By Moderator (Joshua Donelson (Parallax)) : 5/14/2009 2:14:39 PM GMT

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-05-14 13:38
    1) The Stamp has to have power for it to be found by the computer. Make sure there's a power source as described in the manual (Parallax Basic Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual).
    2) There has to be a working serial connection between the computer and the Stamp. Make sure that you have a good serial cable connecting the two. If you're using USB, make sure you have the proper USB drivers installed. The default Windows drivers usually will not work for programming a Stamp. Download a fresh copy from Parallax. Make sure your USB cable is good.

These are the most common issues for the error that you're seeing. The problem is very very rarely on the Stamp module itself.
  • brupbrup Posts: 14
    edited 2009-05-14 13:51
    roll.gif I have the stamp plugged into the board of edu. Its powered by the power adapter supplied. I loaded a program and it worked fine I wrote another program and now it does not work. The computer would not see the stamp. I put in a new stamp and that stamp works fine.
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-05-14 14:14
    Brup,

What do you get for ECHO and LOOPBACK when you run "identify" in the BASIC Stamp Editor?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
    edited 2009-05-14 15:22
    in com1 loop-no, echo-no
    in com 13 loop-yes, echo-yes
    what does this mean?
    sad.gif
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-05-14 18:47
    Brup,

That is a good sign; what is the power supply you are using and can you verify voltage with a volt meter? Also, can you describe the connection from the PC to the BASIC Stamp?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
    edited 2009-05-14 20:34
    idea.gif Its an yng yuh direct plug-in supply class 2 output 9vdc 1A. checks good

The connection is the USB plug supplied.
    If I plug in a new stamp into the BOE it works fine.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-05-14 21:03
    Sounds like you're doing the right things. Call Parallax Tech Support for a return authorization. They may have you try some more things, but having a known good Stamp that works generally says that the other Stamp is broken. It may be something as simple as a broken pin, but usually that happens when you unplug one Stamp and plug in another, not when you're going from one program to another.