Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Realtime Chat — Parallax Forums

Realtime Chat

Radridz3Radridz3 Posts: 49
edited 2009-05-14 01:18 in BASIC Stamp
· Hello Everyone,

·I've only been on parallax forum's for about a month know. And I'm just kinda throwin my 2 cents out there. Wouldn't it be great if the admin's saw how many people would love to chat realtime instead of PM'in everyone. PM's great and all but just doesn't make communicating with others here very effective. I put a poll on this thread to see how many people would be interested in a Chatbox,Shoutbox.....Good day to everyone...>>>

Post Edited By Moderator (Bean (Hitt Consulting)) : 5/12/2009 3:14:27 PM GMT

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-05-12 14:47
    Please delete your duplicate message. You can use the X icon in the upper righthand corner to do it.

Please add a subject to your message. You can use the pencil icon to edit your message information

This topic is better suited for The Sandbox or Support For Using This Forum.

I would not use any realtime Chat. I don't think it would be a good use of my time which is limited.
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-05-12 15:07
    You can't delete threads which have replies. You'll have to delete your individual replies first.

If you want to test posting, try it in the Test forum. That's the place where you can post away and try things out.

I wouldn't use a chat either. It limits accountability, and the history is non-existent.
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2009-05-12 15:12
    Radridz3,
    I went ahead and delete your duplicate posts and put a title on this post for you.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    There is a fine line between arrogance and confidence. Make sure you don't cross it...

·
  • stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2009-05-12 18:14
    No interest in Chat. Like Mike, having limited time makes it important to be able to answer when its convenient to me.

Cheers,

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tom Sisk

http://www.siskconsult.com
    ·
  • sylvie369sylvie369 Posts: 1,622
    edited 2009-05-12 22:08
    Chat can be fun, but it's considerably less effective than a forum for the kinds of things people do around here.·A good answer on a forum reaches a lot of people, even years later.
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,563
    edited 2009-05-12 23:13
    You could technically have a Semi-Live chat on Parallax's facebook page....

www.facebook.com/pages/Parallax/48762252241?sid=f44ee962dac84520327bbb8784f2420b&ref=search#/pages/Parallax/48762252241?v=wall&viewas=1529847743

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    edited 2009-05-13 04:05
    I was going to say that the only kind of chat that I think would work would be one where Parallax was participating. But then, as is evidenced by the post above, representatives of Parallax are continuously involved with this forum so there would be little to be gained. Occasionally a post gets ignored, not unlike mine a while back asking about a Propeller 3pi clone, but things get ignored in a live chat too so no real advantage there. Many years ago I participated in irc chats about RC helicopters and that was fun but for a source of information or assistance with a problem - providing due diligence on your part - the forum is the way to go.

Rich H
  • GeorgeLGeorgeL Posts: 131
    edited 2009-05-13 05:00
    IRC (which is wht you are reffering to, right) is rather useless since most just stay on but no one ever replies. Forum posts are google-able so people can find answers to their issues.
  • RiJoRiRiJoRi Posts: 157
    edited 2009-05-14 01:18
    To me, "chat" is what you do over a fence! [noparse]:D[/noparse]

However, would it be possible to set up a chat area on one's own, and invite Paralaxers to partake? It looks like there is a pretty strong response of, "No, thank you," but maybe the young'uns would enjoy it.

--Rich